Wednesday, May 24, 2017

White Creek spring meet

From last Wednesday night to Saturday I was at white creek.  Running with Robb for the most part, I facebook live video for an hour of the switching.  Took a few pictures and bought a #4 turnout from Russ.

It was cold, the SBT does not last long pulling a coal car, loco 2 needs to have the springs improved.

Today I cut two lengths of 2x2x1/8 angle for use as rails on the lift.  They are just over 5 foot long.  That will give an overhang of 1.5 feet each way.  I will bolt them to the existing platform of the lift and make locks so the lift will not roll away from my stands.

The springs on loco 2 are currently 1 inch long and .5 inch in diameter, and uses four per axle.

The loco weights just over 200 lbs
That is 25 lbs per spring
With 1/4" of travel
I need 100lb per inch springs.

looking at mcmaster carr the item that fits is 9573K15

No comments: