Saturday, May 28, 2016


This morning after breakfast I wanted to take a nap.  I stayed up too late last night.  Remembering something from a Scott Adams book I choose to get dressed and go outside and organize the garage and get ready for making a box around loco 2.

I used the skill saw to cut off the sides and end boards from a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood.

I cut them oversized and trimmed to size on the table saw.  I found by cutting on the left, then rotating 180 and moving the fence slightly I was able to have two parallel cuts in three passes.

The same was done for the two roof sections, with a 7 degree angles cut on a 1x6 to stiffen the ridge.  It is strong enough for Lilli to sit on.  All was assembled with gorilla glue and 1 inch brads.

The doors were cut with a jig saw.  Two side doors and one end lumber door.

There is lots of work left to complete:
Reset the journal positions to tighten the chains.
Pin the journals so they do not move again.
Make doors from 1/8th ply.
Put blocks in the corner to mount the box to the frame.
Rewire the charge system.
Rewire the drive system.
Make and install brakes.
Make real body.
Add details such as ladders and brake rigging.
Add a volt and amp meter.
Add an spedometer and odometer.

No comments: