Sunday, June 19, 2022

5th crossbar is short

 For fathers day I was given a ratcheting crimpers.  The few times I need one a year this should help as i do not have the hand strength to use a regular crimpers.

I turned no gonk parts today.  I did a bit of reading and video watching.   Then I thought I need to do a little on my workbench.  

So I laid out the top center crossbar and cut the first half of the dove tails with the table saw.

They are too deep so the part is 1/16  shorter than intended.

My options are to ignore it and use it.  
Glue in fillers.
Make a new one.
Shorten the other four cross pieces to match this one.

The bench is 26 and 7/16 wide now.  The top is 26.5 at the center and tapers off a 1/16 at the vice end.  Narrowing the bench appears to be the best of the options as that will help me get rid of the top parallelogram. 

No comments: