Thursday, April 17, 2025

Another month of not much trains

 

Nancy place veneer, stained and otherwise made the cabinet look good.
We took our time over three nights to put the glass in.  The back mirror still needs to be installed.
Anna helped me stencil the car.  I have started removing the paint runs with a scapple. 
I made a block to hold my christmas wheel to the wall
I moved some of my saws from a drawer to hanging.
After trying several places in the living room we decided to place the new unit in the craft room.
Mango chasing ping pong ball
Using more of my cutoffs of oak.

Nancy working on the door.   All the glass is on the lower shelf of the bench, with the bowfront in a box with top and bottom 3/4 chipboard.  
These little batons hold the glass in place,  I made more with my router and saw and then drilled holes for nails.   Then I made this fixture to cut the 45s

Bought a Lionel 2025 for $5, it is on display at work with my day calendar.  Later I will sell the loco.
Mango on an adventure.   We took her to micheals a couple times, she likes to stay home more now.  But she does get birdy and try to eat the parakeets.


The box is my first attempt with the locking joint miter.  But I put the lock on the long edges.  It needs to be along the 4 corners of the box and bottom goes in with a plain miter or in a slot.
Move a light over the router
Took out each battery item and charged it.
The spare skate is hidden under the flats.
Locking bars to keep the trains parked.
Working on the legs of the bowfront
making a brace for the back legs

Stenciling the furniture car.
Mango helped by sleeping.





Parts from the bowfront
We replaced the front legs
the broken leg.
A shoe shelf in the closet
A mess cleaned up.  The long 2x4 were there.
The short wood filled this shelf
And the walnut was moved onto the teak and long pine is not on shelves.
Sadly I am off by 3/4" on height of the garage to skate.

No comments: