Sunday, August 27, 2017

48 feet

 Place spacer blocks and clamp, then line up tie.
Insert first screw
Insert second screw
Add third screw, on the inside to push gauge out, on outside to tighten the gauge
Add the last screw.  Note the pattern, inside screws forward outside screws back, this is so the tie will not twist and change the gauge.  The real railroads do this with their spikes.
Repeating the screw installation steps 200 times a day gets a little tiring, and makes my back soar so I take lots of brakes, and notice little things like this leaf, and notice little things like this bug.
The other thing I do is have a portable seat with water, food, and music.
 It takes a while but I can see the goal for the day getting closer.
And finally reached.  Before I can continue I need to rework the drawbridge for the shed.
Today I installed 48 feet of new mainline.

No comments: