I was able to drill a bunch of 16th inch holes yesterday and only broke one drill bit. Today I started two 16th inch holes and broke two. I think I was not pulling out the bit to clear the chips often enough. Rather than use up all my small bits I increased the hole size to 8th inch. First drilling the bars on the doors, then transferring to the doors, and then lastly to the car proper one hole at a time. A lot of removing to the drill press and returning to the car to confirm the fit.
Now I will print these photos out and mark them where I want some welds. Then bring the coal car out to the garage to wait. Then it is back to the second loco. I will have some parts cut and welded for both at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment