After notching the center sills for the end beams I moved on to the side sills. I chose to use a 3x3 side sill.
Setting it slightly inboard looked better.
I used the table saw to cut the notches, much faster and cleaner than using the bandsaw.
I also added a 40 degree cut of the center sill to go from a 3x3 to the full height. Yes all 4 extend beyond the end beam just a little bit.
Then Robb reminded me that I have no equalization. Sigh... time to take a break.
Speaking of brakes,,, the passenger left brake on the truck is leaking at the frame. I think I will pay the garage to fix that one.
While on the bike ride, using the van to take the bike to George Wyth, I thought hey why don't I put a spring above the bearings and have a bit of up down travel of the bearing. The other option is to make a center pivot for one axle. Or to take the risk and not have any equalization.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment