Saturday, June 11, 2016

Stand

I am making a sawhorse stand to work on locomotives and other railbound equipment.  This will allow easier access to the underside than the table top methods I have available currently.   Yesterday I picked up two sticks of 2x2x1/4 angle and today I cut all the parts for the legs.  I made one mistake in the angle of cutting a one of the legs... it became a bottom brace and I took a chunk of steel I had on hand to make the leg.  It is a little thinner but it will work.  

Tomorrow I will drill holes and bolt it all together.  Then later I will get it welded together.

I also made a stick to put in the coupler to hold either the camera or an end of train device from a scrap of oak and six button batteries epoxied on to hold it in place.

No comments: