Saturday, December 19, 2015

edging

Today I put side and end sills on the riding car.  I was going to make the car 17 inches wide but decided to narrow it to just under 16 inches.  Nancy helped me by holding the flat with frame attached as we pushed it through the table saw.







Afterwards I started cutting down a pallet to see if I could make car siding.










   The goal is 3 inch wide with chamfers.  These were just under six inches in 1/8th scale.
 My attempt at adding a center chamfer failed.





Overall a good day with good lessons learned for making my own car siding with individual boards.

No comments: