Saturday, April 11, 2015

ready for paint

 Today I made another set of blocks for holding the tanks.  Same process as the last ones, except these are taller so they in the gap better.



 I also made the wobble axle for the second car.  It works.  But the second car sits lower than the first, I had to make a path for the flanges in the underside of the top.  I used a 1/2 inch drill in the drill press to gang drill, then i smoothed it out with a grinder bit in the hammer drill (hammer turned off)
Nancy picked up some stain, she plans to color the cars and tanks while I am away for work this week.  Then, once I get replacement wheels for the ones lost in the mail I can glue them on.  Not exactly happy that we had to pay for the second set and file the complaint with the post office and get the refund.

No comments: