Thursday, May 24, 2007

What would you say?


Remember some time back Robert Fulghum published ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN, a book about what is important to live a life? Each year he would write down his mission statement and about his world view. There is something so permanent about writing something down. It is hard, very hard if you want it permanent. Saying something might be much easier, but to write it, to refer back to it again and again... you want it to mater. I mean what would you write on your gravestone? That is something that is getting closer and closer to the front burner of an activity for me. My world view is changing, I am nearing a place where i want to write it down, look at it, review it, see where the holes are so I grow strong.


A small part will be talking about my funeral, but also I want to look at my life, what i can do now... my faith, and how I raise my daughter Anna. Some friends of ours took the time to write down what they wanted to their child to know as they brought her forward to God as part of their Church dedication. Ellie is now One, an adopted part of their lives, a permanent part of their lives. In their care and leadership and training. They have chosen to be the Eli in their little Samuel's life.



"Our greatest desire for you is to grow up intimately knowing your creator and to walk with Him your entire life. We believe that the way of Jesus is the best possible way to live and we will do our part to help point you to your Savior." -Ben and Holly


How true that is... and what a long journey that will be. It will not be easy to do. To read their entire letter go to http://benjaminandholly.blogspot.com/2007/05/ellies-dedication-and-dol.html

If God adopted us what would His letter to us be? Would it change each year, as we grow and change, or would it be the same. Would it be short, or long? Who would read it to us? Would it change if we were born to him or if he had to choose us?

No comments: